Oversees and directs a team of power engineering and planning professionals engaged in the planning of enterprisewide electric distribution systems, distributed energy resources and interconnections to ensure optimal performance and utilization of system assets. Responsible for hiring, coaching, mentoring and overseeing work of a large staff of professionals. Represents the company on various regional and national external technical committees.
- Directs the electric distribution system planning and DER Interconnection planning, including compliance with state tariffs, industry standards and regulations and environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations
- Directs the development of System facilities plan to identify areas requiring additional facilities to permit growth and interconnections between distribution systems and other transmission companies
- Oversees and directs the coordination of activities across Company departments and with outside organizations including transmission companies
- Provides direction to the changing needs of the distribution system based upon various scenarios and long- range outlook of load growth, EV (electric vehicle) penetration, PV (photovoltaic) growth and other evolving technologies
- Establishes and monitors system network capabilities, utilization and performance measures
- Collaborates with other departments and engineers on preliminary design of system projects
- Respond to regulator changes and communicate to appropriate parties, represent the Company at rate case hearings
- Implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective planning activities
- Establishes and monitors area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget
- Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies
- Establishes operational and financial objectives and aligns with department goals
- Oversees the management and development of area staff; Assess and oversee implementation of programs to ensure employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational skills required to support operating plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, BSEE, required, an advanced degree MSEE or MBA preferred
12+ years of electric utility industry experience in engineering, operations or system planning with strong background in power systems and demonstrated success leading technical teams, required
- Professional Engineer’s License preferred
- Requires thorough knowledge in electric distribution planning, system analysis computer applications and modeling, operations support, budgeting, project analysis and the ability to work cross-functionally and lead strategically
- Strong understanding of the distribution power system, Distribution models – including modeling of DERs, study practices and planning processes in different regions within US
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years
Director, Distribution Planning, Electric Utility - 2291m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Electric utility Distribution System Planning T&D Power Systems Interconnect distribution grid Testimony leadership DER DG DMS technology PV Energy Storage battery distributed generation strategy microgrid technologies NWAs