Chief Estimator/Project Manager, Storage Tank Construction 2288g
An Estimating Manager for a mid-sized long-standing specialty Industrial Construction Company based in Southern California. Oversees day-to-day estimating functions for the design, supply of all material, fabrication and erection of API 650, 620, AWWA D-100, and API 653 field-erected welded steel storage tanks and tank retrofits. Competitive salary, bonus potential, good benefits and relocation assistance. Position reports to the company President.
• Direct the development, implementation, and improvement of company estimating tools and processes.
• Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for estimating functions.
• Lead, train, develop, manage, and oversee estimating staff.
• Review RFQ specifications, terms, and conditions ensuring bid development exceeds requirements.
• Serve as a Project Manager for some of the contracted tank projects.
• Develop accurate and viable cost estimates and detailed/responsive proposals in support of client specifications;
• Source and team with internal/external resources to document RFI's, strategy, details, and work plan against which estimate is developed.
• Intimate involvement with specifications ensuring risk is negotiated and addressed in estimate and/or proposal
• Develop feedback loop from operations to continually improve accuracy and efficiency of estimating tools
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a project management, construction management, and/or estimating function in the tank construction industry.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience developing API 620, 650, and/or 653 proposal estimates at high level of success/project award.
• Experience in a management capacity over resources preparing bid estimates.
• Strong fundamental understanding of construction sequencing for tank projects.
• Strong knowledge of contract language, documentation, and specifications.
• Exposure to multiple estimating software tools.
• Exposure to the development and/or improvement of the estimating process.
• Have complete knowledge of calculating weights, sizes, manhours, equipment and material costs using spread sheet software.
• Industrial tank construction background.
• Experience developing estimating tools.
Visit our website for more information www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.