2425m - Assistant General Manager, Utility Operations
Bellingham, Washington, United States
Experience: Executive Management (SVP, VP, Department Head, etc)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Operations Management
Industry: Natural Resources / Utility - Electric Power
Salary: $145k- 175k salary, a comprehensive benefit plan and relocation assistance
Reference ID: 2425m
Date Posted: 12/30/2023
Reporting to the District’s General Manager (GM), the Assistant General Manager provides general supervision of the Director of Utility Operations and other District Staff, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws in a manner that facilitates accomplishment of the District’s goals.
- Act on the GM’s behalf in his/her absence or when unavailable, as delegated by the GM or directed by the District’s Commission.
- Ensure the continuity of District operations by signing District contracts and other legal documents, as delegated by the GM or in his absence, as directed by the District’s Commission.
- Attend regular and special Commission meetings and workshops, give presentations to elected officials, customers and the general public.
- Assist GM in developing, implementing, and managing strategic initiatives consistent with the District Commission’s Strategic Plan.
- Assist GM in negotiating, developing, implementing and maintaining industrial water contracts with existing and new customers.
- Lead management team’s efforts to develop and maintain a robust District cybersecurity program.
- Backup management team’s efforts to assure the District’s compliance with regulatory standards governing electric utility operations.
- Backup management responsibility for power supply, transmission, interconnection, regulatory, and other agreements necessary for operation of the District’s electric system and reliable electric services for District customers.
- Assist GM in assessing and managing District’s risks to mitigate impacts on District operations from a financial, physical asset, legal, and regulatory perspective.
- Supervise, provide training, and assign work to District’s Director of Utility Operations and other District staff.
- Assist the GM in developing and enforcing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to the District’s operations.
- Must be available to work non-routine and emergency shifts including nights, weekends, holidays and other periods, as required during the District’s operations and maintenance activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree coupled with 5-10+ years of experience relating to operations and maintenance of municipal water and electric utility systems with progressively greater management responsibilities; or any equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to the responsibilities listed above
- Thorough knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods, and procedures used in water and electric utility systems, operations and maintenance.
- Ability to guide, direct, and motivate staff; ability to organize and supervise the activities of various personnel performing operation, maintenance and construction work; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, agencies, customers and the public.
- Computer literate with demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and the District’s Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) computer equipment and devices.
- Effective written and verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to obtain security and safety clearances required to gain access to the District’s customer’s facilities and electric substations, i.e. Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Public Water and Power Utility District in continuous operation for over 85 years serving commercial and industrial customers in Northern Washington State along the coast of Puget Sound.
Assistant General Manager, Utility Operations - 2425m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Sponsorship is currently not available for this position.
Utility industry Public Power Water operations Systems Plant large pipe pumps equipment Transmission substation SCADA maintenance construction safety BPA, PSE
2429m - Manager, Distribution Engineering - Electric Utility (Hybrid)Cheshire , Connecticut, United States
Manage, lead, coach and evaluate the performance of the distribution engineering team for our Fortune 500 electric utility, providing strategic and tactical direction to enable the organization to successfully meet its goals and objectives. The success...Date Posted: 12/31/2023 Recommended
2303m - Sr./Lead Engineer, Distribution System PlanningWestwood, Massachusetts, United States
Project Leader who performs electric distribution system planning assignments, requiring mastery of subject matter, with extensive experience planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Exhibits stron...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2306m - Principal Engineer, Transmission Planning - Special StudiesHartford, Connecticut, United States
Provides technical leadership, conducts complex transmission system planning studies, recognized as having technical expertise, elicits ideas for the solution of unique and/or complex engineering problems, and is accountable for major technical recomme...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2363m - Electric Transmission Planning Engineer - Principal / Senior / Engineer LevelTampa, Florida, United States
Perform Transmission Planning and Power System Studies including steady state loadflow contingency analysis, short circuit and dynamic stability analyses to support short-term and long-term transmission expansion plans and single point of failure analy...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2373.1m Manager, Distribution Planning/Battery Storage (Hybrid)Connecticut, United States
Builds a multi-faceted team of electric distribution system planning professionals who perform electric distribution system planning activities, including developing and implementing strategies related to the deployment of distributed energy resources ...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2418m- Manager, Protection & Control Engineering (Remote)United States
Oversee and direct a Consulting Engineering Protection and Control Group that provides engineering solutions to electric utility clients in various locations throughout the US. This technical leadership role requires a combination of strong leadership,...Date Posted: 12/30/2023 Recommended
2427m - Lead Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources, DER (Hybrid)Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
Lead Engineer and SME in Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distributi...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2302m - Lead /Sr Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources (DER)Hadley, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Engineer and SME in distributed energy resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distribu...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2371m - Electric Distribution Practice Lead, Consulting EngineeringUnited States
Oversee and direct our Client’s Power Distribution Engineering Practice. The successful candidate will be recognized as a thought leader in electric distribution with direct responsibility for the electric utility growth strategy which includes support...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2431m Sr. Intergrated Resource Planning Engineer / AnalystTampa, Florida, United States
Contract / Temp-to-Perm / Full time permanent opportunity for an experience Integrated Resource Planning professional to perform planning and related analysis of our client’s long-range resource and generation plan, including alternative generation res...Date Posted: 01/21/2024 Recommended
2421m Principal Transmission System Planning Engineer (HYBRID)Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
The Principal Engineer provides technical leadership, conducts complex transmission system planning studies, performs as project leader and SME, and carries out assignments requiring extensive experience with modeling and planning the bulk electric pow...Date Posted: 12/27/2023 Recommended
2392m - Practice Manager, Electric Utility DistributionUnited States
Oversee and direct a Consulting Engineering Distribution Practice that provides electric distribution engineering solutions to electric utility clients in the Southeast US. This client facing role requires a combination of strong leadership, technical ...Date Posted: 12/28/2023 Recommended
2304m - Sr Engineer, Transmission System PlanningHartford, Connecticut, United States
The Senior Engineer in Transmission System Planning is responsible for planning an efficient and reliable electrical transmission grid in CT, MA and NH utilizing the latest industry software and methods. If you are a power systems engineer who is seeki...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2367m - Group Manager, Consulting EngineeringUnited States
Oversee and direct a Consulting Engineering Practice that provides electric distribution engineering solutions to electric utility clients in various locations throughout the US. This client facing role requires a combination of strong leadership, tech...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended