2418m- Manager, Protection & Control Engineering (Remote)
Experience: Standard Management (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Industry: Natural Resources / Utility - Electric Power
Salary: 160k - 200k plus bonus and a comprehensive benefits package
Reference ID: 2418m
Date Posted: 12/30/2023
Oversee and direct a Consulting Engineering Protection and Control Group that provides engineering solutions to electric utility clients in various locations throughout the US. This technical leadership role requires a combination of strong leadership, technical engineering and communication skills and the ability to coach and mentor others. Responsible for developing and executing plans to align business goals with the market and growth of the Transmission Practice.
The technical manager will ensure the timely delivery of innovative solutions. Success in this role requires proven electric utility expertise combined with business acumen and a consulting mindset to deliver technical and business solutions and focus on the development, implementation, support, and improvement: of internal project/portfolio management, quality management systems, Practice level financial reporting and controls, and existing and emerging business technologies to facilitate the efficient operation of the Transmission Practice. Location: United States - REMOTE
- Assist with the development and implementation of strategic plans to meet Transmission Practice goals of client satisfaction, business and technical performance, and employee engagement.
- Develop, implement, support, and improve the Transmission Practice Protection and Control portfolio management system and processes. Work closely with key stakeholders to assist in the optimization of a robust project management regime within the Transmission Practice.
- Support, improve and ensure compliance with the Transmission Practice Quality Management System (QMS) and financial project/portfolio reporting and controls, including tracking and resolution of project budgets, schedules and past due account receivables issues.
- Develop, implement, support, and improve existing and emerging technologies and business processes needed to ensure efficient operation of the Transmission Practice.
- Monitor and manage project budgets; plan, control, and allocate resources required to meet project/program objectives.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships enterprisewide.
- Work with Transmission Practice Management to facilitate workflow development, project scope development and risk assessment, issues resolution, and work forecasting and planning.
- Develop and implement employee performance and development plans to meet individual development and growth, and overall program goals; primary responsibility for talent management including overall hiring and termination.
- BSEE or similar required an advanced degree MSEE or MBA preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and ability to take Responsible Charge over PCE Projects, required.
- 10+ years of electric utility industry engineering experience with significant background in utility grade transmission Protection and Control Engineering experience is a must
- Expert knowledge in Protection and Control Engineering and Design utilizing ACAD-E is preferred.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams, including PCE subject matter experts
- Experienced in customizing Protection and Control offerings to create client value and to lower engagement costs
- Proven entrepreneurial competencies including leadership, effective communications, and the ability to build organizations and capabilities; Deep experience in running Engineering Services Operations
- Team player with ability to work in a highly cross-functional and virtual environment
- Ability to travel when needed, up to 50%
Global leader in Engineering Services for 35 years with exceptional growth and profitability; providing engineering solutions through a proven, global project execution process for Utility and Large Industrial clients worldwide.
Technical Manager, Protection and Control Engineering - 2418m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
PE BSEE power Option Electric Utility Technical Leadership Relay Protection Control transmission substation Power Engineer T&D system protection Quality Management QA/QC engineering program project management consulting engineer
2306m - Principal Engineer, Transmission Planning - Special StudiesHartford, Connecticut, United States
Provides technical leadership, conducts complex transmission system planning studies, recognized as having technical expertise, elicits ideas for the solution of unique and/or complex engineering problems, and is accountable for major technical recomme...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2392m - Practice Manager, Electric Utility DistributionUnited States
Oversee and direct a Consulting Engineering Distribution Practice that provides electric distribution engineering solutions to electric utility clients in the Southeast US. This client facing role requires a combination of strong leadership, technical ...Date Posted: 12/28/2023 Recommended
2371m - Electric Distribution Practice Lead, Consulting EngineeringUnited States
Oversee and direct our Client’s Power Distribution Engineering Practice. The successful candidate will be recognized as a thought leader in electric distribution with direct responsibility for the electric utility growth strategy which includes support...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2373.1m Manager, Distribution Planning/Battery Storage (Hybrid)Connecticut, United States
Builds a multi-faceted team of electric distribution system planning professionals who perform electric distribution system planning activities, including developing and implementing strategies related to the deployment of distributed energy resources ...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2367m - Group Manager, Consulting EngineeringUnited States
Oversee and direct a Consulting Engineering Practice that provides electric distribution engineering solutions to electric utility clients in various locations throughout the US. This client facing role requires a combination of strong leadership, tech...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2303m - Sr./Lead Engineer, Distribution System PlanningWestwood, Massachusetts, United States
Project Leader who performs electric distribution system planning assignments, requiring mastery of subject matter, with extensive experience planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Exhibits stron...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2421m Principal Transmission System Planning Engineer (HYBRID)Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
The Principal Engineer provides technical leadership, conducts complex transmission system planning studies, performs as project leader and SME, and carries out assignments requiring extensive experience with modeling and planning the bulk electric pow...Date Posted: 12/27/2023 Recommended
2429m - Manager, Distribution Engineering - Electric Utility (Hybrid)Cheshire , Connecticut, United States
Manage, lead, coach and evaluate the performance of the distribution engineering team for our Fortune 500 electric utility, providing strategic and tactical direction to enable the organization to successfully meet its goals and objectives. The success...Date Posted: 12/31/2023 Recommended
2302m - Lead /Sr Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources (DER)Hadley, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Engineer and SME in distributed energy resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distribu...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2427m - Lead Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources, DER (Hybrid)Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
Lead Engineer and SME in Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distributi...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2304m - Sr Engineer, Transmission System PlanningHartford, Connecticut, United States
The Senior Engineer in Transmission System Planning is responsible for planning an efficient and reliable electrical transmission grid in CT, MA and NH utilizing the latest industry software and methods. If you are a power systems engineer who is seeki...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2363m - Electric Transmission Planning Engineer - Principal / Senior / Engineer LevelTampa, Florida, United States
Perform Transmission Planning and Power System Studies including steady state loadflow contingency analysis, short circuit and dynamic stability analyses to support short-term and long-term transmission expansion plans and single point of failure analy...Date Posted: 12/29/2023 Recommended
2431m Sr. Intergrated Resource Planning Engineer / AnalystTampa, Florida, United States
Contract / Temp-to-Perm / Full time permanent opportunity for an experience Integrated Resource Planning professional to perform planning and related analysis of our client’s long-range resource and generation plan, including alternative generation res...Date Posted: 01/21/2024 Recommended
2425m - Assistant General Manager, Utility OperationsBellingham, Washington, United States
Reporting to the District’s General Manager (GM), the Assistant General Manager provides general supervision of the Director of Utility Operations and other District Staff, in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws in a manner ...Date Posted: 12/30/2023 Recommended