2345m - Electrical Engineer – Database Management and Reporting, Electric Utility
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Experience: Experienced Professional (Non-Manager)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Industry: Natural Resources / Utility - Electric Power
Salary: $65-85k, plus relocation assistance and a comprehensive benefit plan
Reference ID: 2345m
Date Posted: 11/03/2021
Utilize a concise methodology to archive, mine, and manage asset data, taking into account developing regulatory and best practice reporting on various types of utility assets, while developing accurate and precise asset health analytics, under semi-direct supervision.
- Coordinate with subject matter experts and asset owners to establish critical asset lists for various pieces of substation, overhead, underground, and telecommunication equipment to coordinate with regulatory and best practice goals and objectives.
- Develop process controls that provide consistent asset data input through process and data governance, including standardization of asset data and processes governing data to ensure all asset owners and subject matter experts input data consistently.
- Implement and maintain process controls from initial development, through implementation, up to and including training of individual contributors, to ensure effective asset life-cycle management with proper tracking and documentation.
- Under the advisement of subject matter experts and asset owners, develop a rubric for reporting out on regulatory and best practice goals and objectives.
- Utilize and program integration of various systems (e.g., Maximo, PowerBase, SharePoint, etc.) to leverage data, and provide recommendation for direction on best reporting practices and best data analytics choices
- Establish, implement, and manage a root cause analysis process. Communicate lessons learned with various stakeholders. Trend, and analyze corrective maintenance work order ownership tracking.
- Support compliance and performance initiatives by developing, monitoring, and review asset performance trends, specific and measurable key point indicators for tracking, and reports.
- Establish benchmarks and key point indicators for tracking, by completing benchmarking studies for company assets and related subsystems.
- Perform engineering analysis to improve asset and system network reliability, performance, and reduce costs. Query, report, data mine, integrate, and analyze assets, operating databases, work management databases, and other data sources. Identify equipment testing data organize and trend for health, and work practice trends, issues, and risks
- Use data tools to ensure data quality and reporting accuracy. Develop procedures and processes & customize applications experience with Python, SQL/Oracle, R, Crystal Reports, ASP or JSP, Maximo, WAM, VueJS, or similar enterprise asset and work management systems. Perform statistic & economic analysis.
- Reviews and keeps informed of codes, regulations standards, and safety practices affecting company resources
- Develop, update, organize, and maintain reporting and data analytic standards, specifications, and procedures
- BSEE, or similar, required
- Professional Engineer (PE) License preferred
- 2 - 5+ years of electric utility industry experience in asset management, maintenance, database administration, integration, and report development preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal, technical writing and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Must be data driven and have excellent programming skills
- Regular reporting to a regular office environment with infrequent travel to substation facilities in the field
- May be required to travel to various company facilities to assist during normal and storm events
Investor-owned utility providing electric energy services to half a million customers in southwestern PA for 100 years.
2345-Electrical Engineer – Database Management and Reporting, Electric Utility
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Electrical Engineer Database Management PowerBase Power BI tools Transmission Distribution substation reporting asset management SQL/Oracle Python Maximo tracking data equipment lifecycle analytics
2344-Electrical Test and Commissioning Engineer – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Develop and implement plans, processes, and procedures for the testing and commissioning of transmission and distribution substation equipment and projects. The successful candidate will utilize a responsible and concise methodology for developing and ...Date Posted: 11/03/2021 Recommended
2303m - Sr. Engineer, Distribution System Planningwest springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Project Leader who performs electric distribution system planning assignments, requiring mastery of subject matter, with extensive experience planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Exhibits stron...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2336m Electrical Planning Engineer IIMuscatine, Iowa, United States
Electrical Engineer with significant power systems experience, who performs planning and analysis of utility grade electric transmission and distribution systems, including system impact studies related to future system developments. Broad responsibili...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2356 Staff Engineer, Electric System Planning & InterconnectionsFredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Perform and oversee a variety of electric T&D system planning and generator interconnection studies to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the Cooperative’s electrical system while optimizing distribution of power to its members in Northern Virgi...Date Posted: 11/21/2021 Recommended
2246m-Lead Substation EngineerBirmingham, Alabama, United States
Working in a fast-paced environment and based in our Birmingham, AL Office, the Lead Substation Engineer will provide technical leadership on a variety of substation engineering projects, including physical design and review of electric utility grade T...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2304m - Sr Engineer, Transmission System PlanningHartford, United States, 06103
The Senior Engineer in Transmission System Planning is responsible for planning an efficient and reliable electrical transmission grid in CT, MA and NH utilizing the latest industry software and methods. If you are a power systems engineer who is seeki...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2343-Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery, develops and manages the analysis of system performance and various asset components to optimize investment and ensure high reliability. Will also direct the development of engineering solutions to complex issue...Date Posted: 11/03/2021 Recommended
2302m - Sr Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources (DER)Springfield , United States
Senior Engineer and SME in distributed energy resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distribu...Date Posted: 11/02/2021 Recommended
2342-Sr. Protection and Control Engineer – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Engineer, Protection & Control Engineering performs activities related to the engineering and design of protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distributions system. Additionally, will assist in the evaluation of protectio...Date Posted: 11/03/2021 Recommended
2299m - Sr. Electrical Engineer, Power DistributionPhoenix, Arizona, United States
Senior Electrical Engineer, Power Distribution will design and review overhead and underground distribution lines from 4kV to 69kV, including engineering and design of overhead, URD, re-conductoring and asset replacement projects, and underground cable...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2306m - Principal Engineer, Special Studies System PlanningHartford, Connecticut, United States
Provides technical leadership, conducts complex transmission system planning studies, recognized as having technical expertise, elicits ideas for the solution of unique and/or complex engineering problems, and is accountable for major technical recomme...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2347m - Director, Substation / Transmission Engineering & Technical ServicesFredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Oversee and direct the safe and reliable distribution of electric power with overall responsibility for construction, engineering and operation of the Cooperative’s substation, transmission and distribution system. The Director ensures department focus...Date Posted: 11/05/2021 Recommended
2350m - Lead NERC Regulatory Compliance SpecialistTampa, Florida, United States
Responsible for development, implementation, monitoring and management of our Client’s NERC compliance program. Performs specific tasks, prepares or reviews evidence showing compliance with the NERC Operations & Planning (O&P/693) Reliability Standards...Date Posted: 11/04/2021 Recommended
2286m-Sr Engineer, Transmission InterconnectionsHartford, Connecticut, United States
As a member of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; reg...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2316m- Manager, Electric Distribution ConsultingPhoenix, Arizona, United States
Working in a fast-paced environment and based in our Phoenix Office, the Manager will oversee and direct a dynamic team of consulting engineers and program and delivery leads providing Electric Distribution engineering solutions to a variety of electri...Date Posted: 11/02/2021 Recommended