2341m - Information Security (Cybersecurity) Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Experience: Experienced Professional (Non-Manager)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Information Technology
Industry: Natural Resources / Utility - Electric Power
Salary: $125-135k plus bonus, relocation and a comprehensive benefit plan
Reference ID: 2341m
Date Posted: 10/15/2021
Cybersecurity Operations team member responsible for ensuring utility systems and networks are secure through the deployment of security solutions, executing system and application hardening, vulnerability assessments, and diligent monitoring of networks and systems. Ensure network and system designs are done in a way to minimize risk while allowing for necessary functionality, and Incident Response to any security breaches. The group is also accountable for communicating information security risks to management and implementing plans to mitigate or resolve identified risks.
- Work with IT in the maturation, implementation, and configuration of endpoint security controls.
- Effectively and efficiently manage security event monitoring, tuning, and incident response.
- Responsible for ongoing security engineering support, maintenance, and availability of security toolsets based on business requirements and adherence to tight operational, security, and procedural models.
- Extensive knowledge of threats, risk analysis, and the development of security systems and protocols.
- Develop and help IT implement network security controls.
- Ensure adequate and timely resolutions to all assigned issues relating to critical infrastructure security.
- Ensure optimal configuration standards are met on existing infrastructure
- Monitor daily for cybersecurity events on the network, and report findings to the Cybersecurity Operations Supervisor.
- Review endpoints to confirm compliance with endpoint security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs forensic analysis of host-based systems.
- Research, investigate, communicate, and integrate actionable threat intelligence information in Cyber Security Operations and IT systems.
- BS, Engineering, or similar and 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Previous utility experience in transmission and distribution operations, or other industries utilizing SCADA systems
- Experience in NERC CIP compliance framework or other regulatory frameworks governing Cybersecurity Operations
- Experience participating in security and regulatory audits, including evidence gathering and analysis
- Experience utilizing security products including Tripwire Enterprise, McAfee ESM, Nessus, and Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Experience with Systems Administration in server environments, e.g. Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Information Security certifications including CISSP, SANS GIAC
Investor owned utility providing electric energy services to half a million customers in southwestern PA for 100 years.
2341m-Information Security (Cybersecurity) Engineer
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Cybersecurity network security operations information technology electric systems CIP transmission distribution McAfee ESM Event Management Tripwire CISSP Cisco monitoring control SCADA
2350m - Lead NERC Regulatory Compliance SpecialistTampa, Florida, United States
Responsible for development, implementation, monitoring and management of our Client’s NERC compliance program. Performs specific tasks, prepares or reviews evidence showing compliance with the NERC Operations & Planning (O&P/693) Reliability Standards...Date Posted: 10/22/2021 Recommended
2330m - Director, Grid ManagementWestwood, Massachusetts, United States
Oversee and direct an organization that provides operational and engineering support for transmission and distribution control rooms for a multi-state utility. Responsible for supporting real time systems, including maintenance of transmission EMS, ent...Date Posted: 10/05/2021 Recommended
2336m Electrical Planning Engineer IIMuscatine, Iowa, United States
Electrical Engineer with significant power systems experience, who performs planning and analysis of utility grade electric transmission and distribution systems, including system impact studies related to future system developments. Broad responsibili...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2320m - Electric Distribution Practice Lead - North AmericaTBD, United States
Oversee and direct our Client's Power Distribution Consulting Engineering Practice in North America. The successful candidate will be recognized as a thought leader in electric distribution with direct responsibility for the electric utility vertical a...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2286m-Sr Engineer, Transmission InterconnectionsHartford, Connecticut, United States
As a member of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; reg...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2337m - Manager Procurement & Supply Chain, Electric UtilityFort Myers, Florida, United States
Reporting to the CFO, the Manager Procurement and Supply Chain will manage, support and providing leadership to Purchasing and Warehouse teams while aligning the supply chain with the utility’s strategic goals. Liaise with internal and external stakeho...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2348m - Director, Electric Transmission and DistributionHenderson, Kentucky, United States
Directs operations, maintenance, construction and design of the electric transmission and distribution system while ensuring safe, reliable power delivery to Henderson Municipal Power and Light Customers. Oversees the maintenance and repair of the vehi...Date Posted: 10/20/2021 Recommended
2342-Sr. Protection and Control Engineer – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Engineer, Protection & Control Engineering performs activities related to the engineering and design of protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distributions system. Additionally, will assist in the evaluation of protectio...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2304m - Sr Engineer, Transmission System PlanningHartford, United States, 06103
The Senior Engineer in Transmission System Planning is responsible for planning an efficient and reliable electrical transmission grid in CT, MA and NH utilizing the latest industry software and methods. If you are a power systems engineer who is seeki...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2317m - Manager, Transmission InterconnectionsHartford, Connecticut, United States
The Manager of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; regional and federal ...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2303m - Sr. Engineer, Distribution System Planningwest springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Project Leader who performs electric distribution system planning assignments, requiring mastery of subject matter, with extensive experience planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Exhibits stron...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2345m - Electrical Engineer – Database Management and Reporting, Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Utilize a concise methodology to archive, mine, and manage asset data, taking into account developing regulatory and best practice reporting on various types of utility assets, while developing accurate and precise asset health analytics, under semi-di...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2302m - Sr Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources (DER)Springfield , United States
Senior Engineer and SME in distributed energy resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distribu...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2343-Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery, develops and manages the analysis of system performance and various asset components to optimize investment and ensure high reliability. Will also direct the development of engineering solutions to complex issue...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2344-Electrical Test and Commissioning Engineer – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Develop and implement plans, processes, and procedures for the testing and commissioning of transmission and distribution substation equipment and projects. The successful candidate will utilize a responsible and concise methodology for developing and ...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended