2339m - Director, Strategic Project Development, Transmission
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Experience: Director Management (Director/Head of Organization)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Industry: Natural Resources / Utility - Electric Power
Salary: 180k- 200k plus S-T incentives and LTIP
Reference ID: 2339m
Date Posted: 10/05/2021
Direct and oversee all aspects of key strategic transmission development projects, from identification through planning, engineering, budgeting, scheduling, siting, permitting and construction. Works cross-functionally enterprisewide to identify projects affecting the Transmission capital plan of strategic importance, while driving execution of tasks to meet capital plan and corporate goals. Establish structures for internal and external communication regarding project issues and status and accountable for creating strategies to ensure Strategic Projects remain on time and on budget. Works closely with the Directors of Siting and Project Services, and with the teams that source new strategic projects, Interconnection, Planning, and Asset Management, to ensure alignment and cooperative communication on project execution matters.
Responsible for developing new strategies for prosecuting strategic projects, including internal analytics, external communications and stakeholder relationship building in collaboration with other teams, including System Planning, Engineering, Regulatory, Legal and Project Management. Supports the Company’s role as of solutions provider for customers’ and states’ clean energy, zero carbon system changes, energy efficiency, energy storage, and other non-wires alternatives.
- Directs and oversees on all aspects of Transmission Strategic Project Development:
- Collaborates with Interconnection team on identification of interconnection and transmission projects, including competitive solicitations, and take on management from Interconnection team at the appropriate stage of project development once advanced to that stage by the Interconnection team. Work collaboratively with Interconnection team to ensure appropriate cost recovery mechanisms are able to be implemented
- Oversees development and documentation of Company policies related to development and execution of strategic transmission projects addressing items such as: planning/studies, siting/permitting, construction, and maintenance activities
- Ensures development and management of internal work procedures and metrics (including the distribution company interface) for strategic projects consistent with established Company policy
- Negotiates and coordinates all external agreements, including community benefit and other mitigation arrangements for Strategic projects
- Leadership on ensuring all Transmission and Company operational, financial, and administrative requirements for Strategic projects are complied with in an effective and efficient manner
- Leads early-stage development of Strategic Projects including
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate or partner with external parties on Strategic projects
- Develops and manages a process to analyze and brief leadership regarding Strategic project risks and opportunities from financial, operational (reliability) and strategic perspectives including advancing Company and the regions Clean Energy objectives.
- Manages early-stage project development for Strategic projects to be developed by Company, in partnership with Interconnection, Project Management, and Planning.
- Networks with external advocacy and other issue-driven city stakeholders and potential project development partners (such as real estate developers and Planning Boards), to further relationships and develop opportunities for collaboration and co-development
- Directs internal and external Collaboration and alignment on Strategic Project development and execution, including:
- Periodic meetings with external stakeholders and partners
- Regular collaboration meetings with key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and timely information exchange, including Government Affairs, Community Relations, and other teams with direct relationships on which successful Strategic projects depend
- Directs a staff of Managerial and Professional resources including external consultants and contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Political Science, Liberal Arts, Business, or related, required, Masters, law, or other advanced qualification desirable
- 12+ years of related experience, including managing successful project development teams engaged in Transmission and/or Generation or other infrastructure projects, in a competitive environment
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiation of complex issues with formal and informal organizations and stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of electric Transmission and Distribution grid in New England
- Knowledge of New England green energy, net zero carbon and clean technology policies, laws, and initiatives
- Strong ability to understand and communicate complex issues in a simple and understandable manner
- Strategy development and project management skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in relationship/team building and key stakeholder relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the Company organization, agencies of federal and state government, agency, market, community stakeholders and other partners, and the media.
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years *Based in Hartford CT or Boston MA
Director, Strategic Project Development, Transmission - 2339m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
electric transmission project development capital projects strategy siting permitting environmental interconnection system Planning, Engineering, Regulatory, Legal and Project Management compliance renewables wind solar
2286m-Sr Engineer, Transmission InterconnectionsHartford, Connecticut, United States
As a member of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; reg...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2317m - Manager, Transmission InterconnectionsHartford, Connecticut, United States
The Manager of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; regional and federal ...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2302m - Sr Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources (DER)Springfield , United States
Senior Engineer and SME in distributed energy resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distribu...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2306m - Principal Engineer, Special Studies System PlanningHartford, Connecticut, United States
Provides technical leadership, conducts complex transmission system planning studies, recognized as having technical expertise, elicits ideas for the solution of unique and/or complex engineering problems, and is accountable for major technical recomme...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2303m - Sr. Engineer, Distribution System Planningwest springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Project Leader who performs electric distribution system planning assignments, requiring mastery of subject matter, with extensive experience planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Exhibits stron...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2325m - Manager, Transmission System PlanningTampa, Florida, United States
Provide leadership and tactical direction to a team of engineers who perform studies to assess system adequacy and operations of the transmission infrastructure coupled with defining the need, scope, size, location, priority, timing and justification o...Date Posted: 10/05/2021 Recommended
1491m Lead Power System Planning Engineer, Transmission StrategyHartford, Connecticut, United States
Take an active role in corporate transmission expansion planning performing a variety of power flow, system planning, dynamic analyses, interconnection and engineering economic studies. Responsibilities: Power Transmission System Planning including, th...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2336m Electrical Planning Engineer IIMuscatine, Iowa, United States
Electrical Engineer with significant power systems experience, who performs planning and analysis of utility grade electric transmission and distribution systems, including system impact studies related to future system developments. Broad responsibili...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2343-Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery, develops and manages the analysis of system performance and various asset components to optimize investment and ensure high reliability. Will also direct the development of engineering solutions to complex issue...Date Posted: 10/01/2021 Recommended
2304m - Sr Engineer, Transmission System PlanningHartford, United States, 06103
The Senior Engineer in Transmission System Planning is responsible for planning an efficient and reliable electrical transmission grid in CT, MA and NH utilizing the latest industry software and methods. If you are a power systems engineer who is seeki...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2330m - Director, Grid ManagementWestwood, Massachusetts, United States
Oversee and direct an organization that provides operational and engineering support for transmission and distribution control rooms for a multi-state utility. Responsible for supporting real time systems, including maintenance of transmission EMS, ent...Date Posted: 10/05/2021 Recommended
2228m-Transmission Planning EngineerHolyoke, Massachusetts, United States
Electrical Power Engineer who is part of a dynamic results driven team engaged in transforming New England’s bulk power system into one of the nation’s most innovative, forward-looking examples of industry restructuring. Senior and Lead opportunities a...Date Posted: 09/03/2021 Recommended
2348m - Director, Electric Transmission and DistributionHenderson, Kentucky, United States
Directs operations, maintenance, construction and design of the electric transmission and distribution system while ensuring safe, reliable power delivery to Henderson Municipal Power and Light Customers. Oversees the maintenance and repair of the vehi...Date Posted: 10/20/2021 Recommended
2342-Sr. Protection and Control Engineer – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Engineer, Protection & Control Engineering performs activities related to the engineering and design of protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distributions system. Additionally, will assist in the evaluation of protectio...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended
2320m - Electric Distribution Practice Lead - North AmericaTBD, United States
Oversee and direct our Client's Power Distribution Consulting Engineering Practice in North America. The successful candidate will be recognized as a thought leader in electric distribution with direct responsibility for the electric utility vertical a...Date Posted: 10/04/2021 Recommended