Manage all regulatory financial aspects of the Company’s transmission service including negotiation of financial terms of contracts and agreements to ensure full recovery and protection against loss, this includes administration, financial recording and billing of transmission related service and contracts. Drive operational efficiencies by leveraging technology and eliminating redundancies in processes.
- Supports Director on all financial negotiations associated with transmission service contracts and agreements. Leads related technical discussions.
- Manages the preparation, review and defense of all regulatory financial aspects associated with transmission service.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, review, and defense of ISO-NE bill components.
- Manages the preparation, review and submittal of all FERC Form 3-Q/1, 582 and Electronic Quarterly reporting associated with transmission service contracts and agreements.
- Monitors and evaluates the financial and strategic impacts of transmission service developments, trends and new precedents. Summarizes and shares developments with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Administers financial guidance and support to the transmission interconnection group
- Manages regulatory financial projects as necessary
- Manages critical path schedules to ensure deadlines are met. Sets direction of the work group by developing actionable plans with staff to achieve the established goals, objectives and timelines.
- Promotes and encourages a positive, professional, collaborative and efficient work environment in which open communication is encouraged.
- Responsible for effectively developing, coaching and monitoring direct reports and helps them to be successful.
- Keeps Director informed of issues, impediments and progress.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required and travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar and 8+ years of related experience required; A CPA, MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Strong knowledge of utility accounting and regulation with demonstrated ability in financial reporting and analyses
- Experience in regulatory financial concepts such as revenue requirements and rate making theory is desirable
- Effective leader who demonstrates the ability to work across functional and organizational boundaries, while leading multiple and competing priorities
- Must possess a high degree of initiative / ownership and work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results
- Strategic mindset: ability to see the big picture and provide effective direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services in New England and the Northeast for 100 years. Generous compensation includes salary, bonus and relocation assistance.
Manager, Regulatory Financial Analysis – 2305m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Key Words: Strategic leadership regulatory accounting financial analysis Electric transmission CPA PURA PUC DPU PSC FERC NERC ISO-NE rates utility FP&A Contracts Big 4 PWC Deloitte KPMG Ernst & Young risk management