The Senior Engineer in Transmission System Planning is responsible for planning an efficient and reliable electrical transmission grid in CT, MA and NH utilizing the latest industry software and methods. If you are a power systems engineer who is seeking a dynamic professional growth opportunity, this is your chance to join a highly effective team charged with transforming the Transmission System Planning organization. Location: Hartford CT.
- Collaborate, perform, and lead reliability and/or economic driven studies including voltage, thermal, PV, transfer limit, short circuit, and stability assessments.
- Analyze and assess complex transmission systems at numerous voltage levels. Document and communicate results and recommendations as appropriate including data manipulation, report writing, and summary presentations
- Continually strive to innovate and integrate improvements to increase the precision and efficiency of transmission planning. Strive to seek out and develop subject matter expert skills as necessary to mentor and support the team to aid in the advancement of business needs
- Represent the company, collaborate and interact with internal teams and industry peers on regional activities (e.g. NERC, NPCC, ISO-NE’s, etc.).
- Develop and apply a thorough understanding of various planning criteria, guidelines, standards and analysis software packages such as PSS/E, TARA, and ASPEN
- Employs teamwork with engineers in System Planning, Transmission Asset Strategy, and engineers and operating personnel elsewhere in Electric Operations in performing analyses and providing technical support in planning and operational environments
- Train junior staff in technical analyses and procedures.
- BSEE, Power Systems, required, an advanced degree, MSEE or MBA preferred
- Professional Engineer’s License (PE) preferred
- 5+ years of electric utility power systems experience, including transmission system planning, engineering or operations
- Strong understanding of T&D Power Systems Engineering: Practical & Theoretical knowledge of Planning, Operations, and Engineering Design
- Power System Studies - Knowledge & Interpretation of Study Assumptions and Results: (e.g. Power Flow, Stability, Short Circuit, etc.)
- Software Proficiency - Power System Analytics: (e.g. PSSE, TARA, ASPEN)
- Knowledge of Regional/Local Criteria & Compliance: (NERC, NPCC, ISO, PUC, etc.)
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years
Sr Engineer, Transmission System Planning - 2304m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Electric Transmission system planning modeling engineering strategy capital projects expansion policy Licensed PE NERC NPCC IS-ONE PSSE TARA ASPEN