As a member of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; regional and federal aspects of Distributed Energy Resources; coordination of third party requests to co-locate on existing rights-of-way; and strategic management of the open access transmission tariff (OATT) in support of the company's desired strategy.
The region's generation fleet is undergoing a historic transformation. Driven by state and federal policies, coupled with changing economics and capabilities of emerging technologies, the Transmission Interconnections and Services group plays a pivotal role in enabling this transformation by leading interconnection requests affecting the entire Company’s electric transmission system.
Location: Boston, MA or Hartford, CT or Manchester NH
• Assist in the overall management of third-party interconnections on the company’s transmission system
• Understand and the strategic aspects of the generator/transmission owner interface in the regional wholesale energy markets
• Develop federal and state regulations addressing transmission interconnections
• Establish and maintain Company policies and procedures for transmission interconnection
• Negotiate Interconnection Agreements and other contracts with project developers
• Administer existing interconnection contracts including financial and operational terms and conditions
• Manage relationships with ISO-New England (ISO-NE) staff and specific third parties such as generators, utilities, public power and some large customers
• Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required
• BSEE, Power Systems, required, an advanced degree in engineering is desirable
• 8+ years of electric utility power systems experience, including transmission system planning, engineering or operations
• Experience in the broad aspects of power systems planning and operations, power pool operations, emerging power markets, and regulatory interfaces with federal and state authorities
• Prior experience representing/negotiating business interests to an external, regional or industry organization
• Effective communicator who has developed written proposals and presentations in a team environment
• Experience implementing and complying with federal and state rulings and guidelines
• Experience in working with independent third parties (ISO-NE) to achieve mutually desired goals
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years
2286m-Sr Engineer, Transmission Interconnections
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Electric Transmission system planning generator interconnection modeling engineering economics strategy capital projects expansion policy development NEPOOL NERC NPCC ISONE Boston Hartford PSSE TARA PROMOD