Provides Leadership for electricians engaged in the construction, maintenance, modification and repair of Transmission and Distribution substation equipment, is responsible for Substation condition and reliability in their assigned area and provides input to management regarding Substation assets. Ensures that all required work is performed safely, on schedule, cost effectively and in accordance with company standards. Takes lead in execution of Substation construction projects. Location: Norwalk CT.
- Lead the construction, maintenance, and repair of T&D substation equipment. Analyzes historical inspection, maintenance, test and operational data to establish appropriate maintenance requirements for equipment. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Serve as the local technical lead or coach for other supervisors, including personal coaching and development
- Drive innovation and change in business processes
- Coordinates maintenance and construction of assigned assets with other sections, e.g. Maintenance, Field Communications, Engineering, Control Centers and contractors according to prescribed schedules and methods
- Responsible for the reliability and condition of substation assets
- Analysis of maintenance data and its accurate input directly into company database
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the group, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Lead area work center activities during manager absence
- Representing their manager at department, customer, and community meetings
- Serves on-call, will have storm restoration and emergency assignments
- Bachelor's degree in an applied science or the equivalent is required
- 8+ years of directly related experience is required
- Previous supervisory experience is required
- Serve as the local technical lead or coach for other supervisors
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of substation facilities is preferred
- Professionally represent company in Manager’s absence at department, customer, and community meetings
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license; valid CDL preferred
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years
Sr. Supervisor, Substation Operations 2257m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Supervisor Lead Senior Substation operations maintenance construction test electric utility T&D Power Delivery Reliability safe Transmission distribution field craft crew National Grid Avangrid PPL Exelon BG&E First Energy ConEd