Electrical Power Engineer who is part of a dynamic results driven team engaged in transforming New England’s bulk power system into one of the nation’s most innovative, forward-looking examples of industry restructuring. Senior and Lead opportunities available to applicants who materially exceed qualification listed below.
• Perform technical bulk power system simulations (power flow, steady state, short circuit, dynamic simulation)
• Analysis of study results, including result compilation, processing and reporting
• Completing the necessary studies to assess system reliability and determine transmission system solutions
• Perform reliability determinations for generator retirements and for generators requesting to exit the Forward Capacity Market
• Developing data, assumptions, methodology and procedures for use in reliability studies of the New England bulk power system
• Performing analysis to support NEPOOL and NPCC Committee work on regional transmission planning issues
• Development of recommendations to ensure the continued reliability and economic efficiency of the New England electric power system. This position provides technical and procedural leadership, coordination, and facilitation with internal and external stakeholders
• BSEE, power systems option, required; an advanced degree, MSEE is a plus
• 4-8+ years of electric utility industry experience, with significant background in bulk electric system operations and/or transmission planning
• Professional Engineering license and membership in IEEE is desirable
• Excellent communicator (verbal and written), and strong interpersonal and organization skills are essential
• Travel: This position requires up to 5% travel with some over nights
New England’s Regional Transmission Organization charged with the day-to-day operation of the region's bulk power systems working closely with its stakeholders and FERC to administer the region’s wholesale electricity marketplace and the Open Access Transmission Tariff. Excellent compensation, including salary, bonus, full benefits and relocation assistance.
2228m-Transmission Planning Engineer
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 or T-N visas at this time.
Power System Planning Transmission Generation Resource Adequacy Forward Capacity Market Economic Impact Studies Financial Analysis FERC NERC ISO RTO PSSE TARA MUST VBA PYTHON studies reliability Power Flow loadflow PSS/E production cost simulation models transient stability modelling studies.