The successful candidate will design, conduct and manage research and testing projects in power transmission and distribution focused on T&D System Performance, Operations, and Power Quality, including Smart Grid technologies, smart sensors, T&D components and hardware, integration of renewable resources, system automation and various electrical testing programs. Technical and client-facing responsibilities require excellent engineering, project management and communication skills and allow the successful candidate to help shape the future of the electric utility industry though practical hands on research and testing.
• Prepare project proposals (Scope, Schedule, Budget, Deliverables) for both large and small Research and Testing projects
• Manage research and testing projects to ensure they are performed with a high degree of professionalism and customer satisfaction and are completed on time and on budget
• Provide consultation within candidate’s areas of expertise
• Provide work direction to technicians and coordinators
• Prepare project reports and presentations to members
• Participate on relevant industry committees
• Act as a role model and mentor others within the organization
• Work with the organization Managers to broaden existing business and develop new business opportunities
• Maintain and grow personal professional expertise
• Support Management on business planning and reporting activities
• Effectively market the organization’s services to members and non-members
• BSEE or similar engineering degree, required; an advanced degree MSEE; or PhD preferred
• 7-10+ years of hands-on practical knowledge and experience in electric energy delivery with broad background in electric utility transmission and distribution design, operations, standards, construction and management with some experience in research and testing. MUST BE A SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT IN ONE OR MORE AREAS
• Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Proven ability to work as part of a team
• General knowledge of relevant industry standards (IEEE, NESC, ANSI, etc.)
• Proven professional capable of taking on a leadership role as part of our succession planning
Widely respected National Energy Research Lab engaged in applied research and testing in the field of electric power transmission and distribution. This membership focused consortium of electric utilities, equipment manufacturers and large industrial companies in the electric power delivery arena is based in Atlanta GA. Excellent benefits and compensation packages include, a traditional pension plan, comprehensive health care, vacation and sick leave.
2121m-Electrical Power Engineer, T&D
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Key Words: BSEE MSEE PhD Electrical Power Engineer Energy power distribution transmission operations SME smart grid applied research testing power quality power systems power delivery project management program implementation deployment automation consulting engineer planning.