2306m - Principal Engineer, Special Studies System Planning
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Experience: Experienced Professional (Non-Manager)
Education: Master's Degree
Industry: Natural Resources / Utility - Electric Power
Salary: $135,000 - $160,000 plus S-T Incentives, relocation assistance and a comprehensive benefits program
Reference ID: 2306m
Date Posted: 11/01/2021
Provides technical leadership, conducts complex transmission system planning studies, recognized as having technical expertise, elicits ideas for the solution of unique and/or complex engineering problems, and is accountable for major technical recommendations. Mentors other engineers or groups of engineers and their projects as assigned.
Manages proposed transmission projects through ISO-NE working groups and NEPOOL or RTO committees. Develops plans for major engineering problems and opportunities and responsible for interpreting, organizing, and executing assignments.
Responsibilities may also include emerging Transmission Planning issues and their application to NERC Planning criteria. Directs and prepares documents, testimony, written responses, and may make presentations, testify for local, state and regulatory requirements and proceedings.
Performs analyses for operating companies as required. May serve as team or project leader for unique or special engineering assignments, other system studies and/or economic analysis related to the Company’s transmission system. Performs and/or leads Integrated Resource Planning efforts from a Transmission perspective.
Manages technical projects having significant impact on the design, engineering, and operation of the transmission system; and manages various projects within the FERC approved, ISO-NE or RTO planning process. Location: Hartford CT.
- Collaborate, perform, and lead reliability and/or economic driven studies including voltage, thermal, PV, transfer limit, short circuit, and serves as a technical specialist to transmission planning in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes. Recognized as the internal and external technical SME. Ability to understand the implications and contribute to the development of the integrated power system which includes load, generation, renewables, energy markets and regulated transmission and distribution
- Solves complex technical problems through highly technical planning studies requiring recognized expertise in electric power systems, various engineering and operating disciplines, and resultant regulatory impacts, etc., to resolve major power facilities problems with the desired solutions being compatible and part of the overall business unit strategy
- Integrates and/or leads cross functional groups or teams to initiate and implement projects including preparing ISO cost allocation applications, and/or transmission economic analysis as appropriate
- Directs as team or project leader the more sensitive, highly complex engineering projects, multi-discipline in nature, requiring the use of state-of-the-art/advanced technology
- Assists in designing governing transmission planning processes, both corporatewide and within the ISO-NE and region.
- Manages technical projects having significant economic impact on the company’s transmission system design, engineering, construction and operation
- Works with senior management on sensitive, confidential projects
- Formulates technical positions and recommends company policies and standards on various issues
- Presents, directs and/or prepares corporate testimony and written responses for rate cases and other regulatory proceedings
- Interfaces and represents the company with federal, state and local organizations
- Assimilates transmission business knowledge and provides strategic input into the 5 – 10 Year Transmission Plan
- Serves on various internal committees and task forces to provide information and recommendations to senior management
- Represents the company on various industry and professional society committees and working groups
- Prepares written reports to senior management supporting transmission positions and policies on various technical matters
- Represents Transmission Planning Manager as appropriate.
- Provides both technical guidance and training for less experienced personnel.
- Reviews transmission owners, suppliers, customers or other proposals to ensure transmission system integrity
- MSEE, Power Systems, or similar required, a PhD in engineering or related discipline preferred
- Professional Engineer’s License (PE) in CT, MA or NH, desirable
- 10+ years’ experience in planning, design, and operations related to transmission and substation facilities and thorough knowledge of power system planning and economic assessments
- Demonstrated experience with high standards of professional and technical competence in transmission systems
- Initiative and aggressiveness to search out problem areas, creativity to devise technically sound solutions and confidence to make technical decisions in solving complex problems based largely on own effort with little or no supervision
- Possess highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Thorough knowledge of federal, industry codes, and standards applicable to the transmission system.
- Knowledge of state and local regulatory regulations are highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and engineering economics applicable to the specific area of the position.
- Ability to provide work direction for others, assume authority and be assertive. Contributes to the success of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information and be aware of strategic implications to solve highly complex problems
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze technical information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
- Self-imposes standards of excellence and can achieve desired results by assuming responsibility and accountability.
- Highly confident, self-starting individual with strong initiative.
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services throughout the northeast United States for 100 years
Principal Engineer, Special Studies System Planning - 2306m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Electric Transmission system planning modeling engineering strategy capital projects expansion policy Licensed PE NERC FERC NPCC ISO-NE NEPOOL RTO Offshore wind battery storage
2304m - Sr Engineer, Transmission System PlanningHartford, United States, 06103
The Senior Engineer in Transmission System Planning is responsible for planning an efficient and reliable electrical transmission grid in CT, MA and NH utilizing the latest industry software and methods. If you are a power systems engineer who is seeki...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2302m - Sr Engineer, Distributed Energy Resources (DER)Springfield , United States
Senior Engineer and SME in distributed energy resources (DER) Power System Studies and project development carrying out assignments associated with the technical review and modeling of generation and storage facilities interconnecting with the distribu...Date Posted: 11/02/2021 Recommended
2303m - Sr. Engineer, Distribution System Planningwest springfield, Massachusetts, United States
Project Leader who performs electric distribution system planning assignments, requiring mastery of subject matter, with extensive experience planning distribution lines and distribution substation facilities in an electric power system. Exhibits stron...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
1491m Lead Power System Planning Engineer, Transmission StrategyHartford, Connecticut, United States
Take an active role in corporate transmission expansion planning performing a variety of power flow, system planning, dynamic analyses, interconnection and engineering economic studies. Responsibilities: Power Transmission System Planning including, th...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2325m - Manager, Transmission System PlanningTampa, Florida, United States
Provide leadership and tactical direction to a team of engineers who perform studies to assess system adequacy and operations of the transmission infrastructure coupled with defining the need, scope, size, location, priority, timing and justification o...Date Posted: 11/04/2021 Recommended
2286m-Sr Engineer, Transmission InterconnectionsHartford, Connecticut, United States
As a member of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; reg...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2317m - Manager, Transmission InterconnectionsHartford, Connecticut, United States
The Manager of the Transmission Interconnections and Services Group is responsible for the overall management of third-party interconnections on the transmission system (generation, load, and transmission); the Company OASIS site; regional and federal ...Date Posted: 11/02/2021 Recommended
2336m Electrical Planning Engineer IIMuscatine, Iowa, United States
Electrical Engineer with significant power systems experience, who performs planning and analysis of utility grade electric transmission and distribution systems, including system impact studies related to future system developments. Broad responsibili...Date Posted: 11/01/2021 Recommended
2342-Sr. Protection and Control Engineer – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Engineer, Protection & Control Engineering performs activities related to the engineering and design of protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distributions system. Additionally, will assist in the evaluation of protectio...Date Posted: 11/03/2021 Recommended
2351m Lead Analyst, Load Forecasting, Electric UtilityFolsom, California, United States
Technical Lead and SME responsible for developing programs to track, evaluate, implement, and promote forecasting model evolution including production modeling on Short Term Forecasting using Big Data, Machine Learning, Numerical Weather Prediction Mod...Date Posted: 11/22/2021 Recommended
2356 Staff Engineer, Electric System Planning & InterconnectionsFredericksburg, Virginia, United States
Perform and oversee a variety of electric T&D system planning and generator interconnection studies to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the Cooperative’s electrical system while optimizing distribution of power to its members in Northern Virgi...Date Posted: 11/21/2021 Recommended
2339m - Director, Strategic Project Development, TransmissionHartford, Connecticut, United States
Direct and oversee all aspects of key strategic transmission development projects, from identification through planning, engineering, budgeting, scheduling, siting, permitting and construction. Works cross-functionally enterprisewide to identify projec...Date Posted: 11/05/2021 Recommended
2348m - Director, Electric Transmission and DistributionHenderson, Kentucky, United States
Directs operations, maintenance, construction and design of the electric transmission and distribution system while ensuring safe, reliable power delivery to Henderson Municipal Power and Light Customers. Oversees the maintenance and repair of the vehi...Date Posted: 11/04/2021 Recommended
2345m - Electrical Engineer – Database Management and Reporting, Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Utilize a concise methodology to archive, mine, and manage asset data, taking into account developing regulatory and best practice reporting on various types of utility assets, while developing accurate and precise asset health analytics, under semi-di...Date Posted: 11/03/2021 Recommended
2343-Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery – Electric UtilityPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Sr. Standards Engineer, Energy Delivery, develops and manages the analysis of system performance and various asset components to optimize investment and ensure high reliability. Will also direct the development of engineering solutions to complex issue...Date Posted: 11/03/2021 Recommended