Oversee and lead all aspects of wholesale electricity rates, transmission revenue requirements and regulatory filings for all electric operating companies enterprisewide. Assist the Director in the preparation of the financial component sections of regulatory filings to ensure a sufficient balancing of the interests of all affected parties, including regulators, customers and shareholders. Provide direction and oversight to other team members while leading complex, cross-functional projects through the regulatory filing process.
- Actively involved in the development and implementation of the Company’s transmission regulatory strategies for all electric operating companies enterprisewide and will testify in various jurisdictions
- Responsible for the review and oversight of the development, filing and administration of all local and regional transmission tariff revenue requirements and rates, associated compliance filings, cost allocations and financial analyses
- Responsible for preparing filings or directing the preparation of filings by others to the Regulatory Authorities. The content of the filings is either to request appropriate recovery, comply with regulatory mandates, or defend Company positions, with a focus on filings that concentrate on the financial aspects of the business
- Develops analysis individually and oversees analysis prepared by others that will support the filings in an ethical manner. Analysis will include accounting practices and financial principles used in general industry, as well as those unique to utilities. Work products must be able to withstand challenges from opposing parties.
- Coordinates the preparation of cost of service filings that support a reasonable rate of return to investors, including filings related to incentive or unique recovery items. Develops project plans and timelines, leads multi-functional teams through the drafting of filing material, prioritizes tasks, resolves disagreements and ensures timelines are met.
- Coordinates the preparation of responses to discovery from regulatory agencies and intervenors in support of the regulatory witnesses and other witnesses as appropriate.
- Interprets the impact of regulatory decisions and the regulatory environment to the rest of the organization.
- Will be responsible for supervision and oversight of staff
- Monitors all action plans and critical path schedules to ensure deadlines are being met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar and 7+ years of related experience required; A CPA, MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Utility regulatory experience; including revenue requirements, regulatory agency testimony and rate making preferred
- Knowledge of utility accounting and finance with demonstrated ability in areas of financial reporting and analyses
- Effective leader who demonstrates the ability to work across functional and organizational boundaries, while leading multiple and competing priorities
- Must possess a high degree of initiative / ownership and work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results
Fortune 500 diversified energy services firm (electric utility / gas utility) that has been providing energy products and services in New England and the Northeast for 100 years. Generous compensation includes salary, bonus and relocation assistance.
Rates & Revenue Requirements Lead – 2294m
Visit our website for more details www.mriheadhunter.com
This position is being offered through Management Recruiters of Bonita Springs, Inc., who proudly supports Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employment. We are committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply. Unable to sponsor or transfer H1 visas at this time.
Keywords: rate revenue regulatory filing testimony ratemaking witness CPA PURA PUC DPU rate case utility accounting electric transmission audit finance wholesale analyst